Using LibreTiny is simple, just like every other PlatformIO development platform.
- Install PlatformIO
platformio platform install -f https://github.com/kuba2k2/libretiny
- Go to Boards & CPU list.
- Find the board your device has (usually, the model number is written on the silkscreen).
- If your board isn't available yet, use one of the "Generic" boards that matches the CPU you have.
- Click on the board name. From the documentation page, note the board code.
- Use this code to create a PlatformIO project.
Run community projects
LibreTiny was developed with popular community projects in mind. Currently, unofficial ESPHome port is available (the PR will hopefully be merged into upstream at some point).
Develop your own project
If you're developing your own embedded software, and want it to run on LibreTiny-supported chips, create a project.
- use PlatformIO IDE (PIO Home -> Open -> New Project)
pio project initin your desired project directory
Next, read one of the flashing guides to run your project!
LibreTiny has a few configuration options that change its behavior or features. Refer to LT configuration for details.
GPIO usage - important change
Since v1.0.0, GPIOs are no longer meant to be referenced by
If your program is using Arduino I/O functions, refer to the Migration guide to modify your program accordingly.